Why do I need to hire a real estate attorney if I’m already being assisted by a professional realtor, mortgage banker and title company? The answer is simple. A real estate attorney is the only member of your home-buying team who is qualified to give you legal advice.
A real estate attorney has an ethical obligation to work on your behalf and your best interest. They can:
- Review the contract and help to ensure that contract provisions and contingencies are in your best interest.
- Inform you of your legal rights.
- Obtain a title search, evaluate the status of the title and require appropriate legal remedies to clear any defects. In many cases, if the attorney issues the title insurance, you won't pay much more for his/her services.
- Advise you on what the title policy does not protect against.
- Check for unrecorded municipal liens, including sewer or special assessments.
- Prepare or review the closing statement and other documents.
- Counsel you about legal documents like deeds, mortgage documents and closing statements.
- Advise you on how you should take title to the home and how it will affects your business and personal estate.
- Inform you about income, estate, and gift tax consequences to your estate.
So if you don't understand every document that you are signing or feel you need an additional set of eyes looking out for your best interests, we at Next Generation Realty Group recommend that you hire a real estate attorney.
Below is a list of Real Estate Attorneys in Southwest Florida that have a good reputation for quality and price. Please contact them to determine if their skills meet your expectations. When you click on a link, it will open in a new window.
Please call us with any and all of your home buying and home selling needs. We look forward to earning your trust and business.
Please browse our Website and search for homes for sale in Cape Coral, Naples, Fort Myers, Lehigh Acres, Bonita Springs, Estero and Punta Gorda. Also, don't forget to register for our FREE foreclosure list and take advantage of our helpful home buying tools.